Get the Dance Floor Hoppin’…or Stompin’
As the Field Marketing Coordinator for Fly By Night Disc Jockeys, weddings are my business. I thought I’d share some fun song/dance ideas that can be incorporated for your big day. There are so many to choose from. Here are just a few:
- Loco-Motion/Conga Line: Use the song “The Locomotion” sung by Kylie Minogue or Little Eva. Another suggestion is “Hot Hot Hot” by Arrow or Buster Poindexter.
- Twist: Use “The Twist” or “Let’s Twist Again” by Chubby Checker. There’s also “Peppermint Twist” or “Twist & Shout.”
- Limbo: Fly By Night DJs provides the pole. Use “Limbo Rock” by Chubby Checker.
- Stroll: The traditional song is “The Stroll” by the Diamonds. Some use the song “I’m Too Sexy” by Right Said Fred
- Hokey Pokey: This is an old standard from 1953 by Ray Anthony
- Chicken Dance: Another old favorite done by a lot of groups. One suggestion is The Old World Orchestra.
- Shout: My favorite version of this song is on the “Animal House” soundtrack.
- Electric Slide: Most common song for this is “Electric Boogie” by Marcia Griffiths. It can also be done to “You Can’t Touch This” by MC Hammer or “Super Freak” by Rick James.
- Country Line Dances: There are so many songs to choose from for line dancing. I could do a whole blog on it. Remember, your DJ can teach these songs to your guests.
- Macarena: Some love it. Some hate it. But if you choose to play it, there is only one way to do the dance. You’ve got the moves. Go out there and show ’em how it’s done..
Whether you choose to incorporate The Wobble, The Cupid Shuffle, The Cha-Cha Slide, The Time Warp, or even the YMCA, these fun and interactive dances can help get the crowd up and moving on the dance floor. You’ll definitely be in for a fun and memorable event!!!